Saturday, February 18, 2012

I know I haven't posted in a loooong time, and I have so much to tell you about my big 1 year old. (Her birthday was 2 weeks ago and it was so much fun... I promise to come back later to tell you about that. She is great, and perfect, and getting so big!). Right now though, I want to write about something that happened tonight so that I never, ever, forget...

Buggy and I were at JoAnn's Fabric buying some fabric for this little project I worked on tonight. We were standing in line to get the fabric cut behind a few people, and this little girl walked up to us. She looked up at me with her big eyes and said, "Why do you have a baby?"... interesting question for a little girl to ask... and totally not sure how to answer it. So I kind of stumbled and said... "Well, I guess that is because she just came... because God gave her to us."

She then said "I have a baby in Heaven." ....

I said, "I have babies in Heaven, too."

Little girl, "Do you miss them?"

Me "Yes, every single day."

LG, "ya, me too."... and then she walked back over to her mom and started moving things around on shelves as little kids do.

I was frozen. I looked at her mom and we gave each other the look that only us baby-loss mommies can give. A look that needs no words.

It took everything in me, every single thing in me, not to sit down on the floor of that store and bawl. I teared up, but luckily, I had the cutest little distraction with me who at that point, was dumping raisens all over the store.

When I got in the car, it all came out. And I tell you - this, of all weeks, was the week I needed to hear those words from that sweet little girl. I KNOW with everything in me, that this was not some weird coincidence. This was God, or my babies, talking to me. And, as we have been having a hard time the last few days, this was the exact day that I needed to hear it. I am struggling with saying the reason why we are having a hard time right now, for reasons I don't even understand... but this little girl, she and her little brother/sister in heaven are with me forever now. The little girl with the light up/sparkly shoes and the words that could only come from a child to help heal this heart of mine that has been broken again... Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I just prayed for you and your family. What a beautiful story and reminder that God is always there and knows what was need .

    ReplyDelete