Monday, May 7, 2012

Spring is finally here!

Saturday was a little chilly but we spent the whole day yesterday outside. It was so nice. We got all the gardening done, well mostly. We planted all the flowers, Matt put a gate up on the deck so the Bugs can play on the deck now, we planted our veggies in the raised garden and moved the plants that were there to another location. We planted a few blueberry bushes too. I cannot wait for those! We planted cucumbers, squash, pumpkins, green beans, green peppers, pablanos, tomatoes, onions. Lots of fun stuff. Natalie had an absolute ball "helping." She would sit in all the wholes that her daddy was digging or hand us little fistfuls of dirt. So helpful. :) She was covered from head to toe in dirt. We headed over to the sand park for a bit after that and she got to play with her friends and continue to get dirty.

I totally forgot to take any pictures of it - but we should have cause she was so cute.

On a different note - I have been thinking about all of those out there who are really struggling with getting/staying pregnant. I know that this upcoming weekend can be insanely hard, but know that you are just as much a mommy as anyone who has kids walking around on this earth. And remember to go easy on yourself. Two years ago, before we knew we were pregnant with Natalie, the last thing I wanted to do was celebrate Mother's day. But we were moving just a few short weeks later, so we had the whole family over. And, in my head, I just convinced myself it was just another get together... but the knot in my stomach was still there, knowing what could have been...should have been. Just know that there are those of us that are thinking of you. I hope you find your own way to celebrate....

Love to all, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment