Saturday, July 17, 2010

3rd Time a Charm??

So, I know I have been quiet on the baby-front for the last few months, and I have a very valid reason. We found out May 20th that we were pregnant with our 3rd little bean! It has been a roller coaster of a few months.

I had to have my beta levels drawn and got the first results back on the 20th - which were good. The second ones didn't double. So, needless to say we were worried sick for two days. However, the 3rd betas came back really good! I had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks, and we saw a little flicker of a heart. Then, we up and moved....

I got established at a new doctor (which you know), and also had another ultrasound at 7 weeks and heartrate of 130bpm. All was looking good (although, all of my doctors up to this point were less than enthuisiastic). A few days later, I had some spotting... and more fear set in. I went into the doctor and had another ultrasound at 7 weeks 6 days and baby was measuring right on and heart still a-fluttering away at 144 bpm. Then they told me that my next appt would be at 12 weeks! AHHHH! 4 whole weeks in between. I did call them quite a few times because of more spotting. And I finally called my old doctor and the nurse gave me some reassuring answers. I am on progesterone suppositories, and she thought that that could be causing the spotting.

So - up until yesterday, we had kind of been holding our breath. We had told our parents and siblings, and those people who out-right asked us (afterall, I can't lie!). Earlier this week I had some actual bleeding, and fell apart on Tuesday. I really thought it was the beginning of the end. However, I had ordered a doppler that arrived on Wednesday, and I found that beautiful sound that melts any mommy's heart - 159bpm!!! Of course, later that night, I couldn't find it when Matt wanted me to, but I found it the next morning.

So - back to yesterday. My mom came down to go with me. If you remember - this was the scan where we found out that so much was wrong with our Peanut. So, I was petrified. Although, I had a lot of coversations with God, and going into the scan, while I was still scared, I realized I wasn't as nervous as I was before Peanut's appointment. Mother's Intuition? I first had my physical with a new doctor and really loved him. He explained every little thing, which was nice. We found the source of my bleeding and I go in in 2 weeks to have that taken care of. Although - it is all fine, no worry for me or the baby. And then we headed downstairs for the scan.

The moment I saw that little one, my heart melted. And I also knew that she/he did not have excess fluid. I have stared at Peanut's picture so many times, that I know what it looks like... and baby's measurements were perfect. NT was 1.3 - and anything under 3 is fine! So, we are well below. They found the little nasal bone too. And then she showed us all the various parts - the heart, the little fingers, each little part of the arm and the legs. I got to stare at our baby for a good 20 minutes. It was amazing. The only thing better would have been to have Matt there, but my mom video taped it for him! So - from the words of the tech "All looks perfect so far.." So, for a while now, I can breathe again. I know I will be nervous again around the 20 week ultrasound, but for now, I really really want to enjoy this!! So, I am trying. We get the blood results back in 7-10 days, so I am praying that those continue to be good news.

And I really think that baby (who we are calling Walter - for some unknown reason!) wants me to relax. Afterall, Walter was just laying there, with his/her little feet crossed at the ankles and legs in the air - like they were swinging in a hammock... so nice and relaxed. Just working on growing all the right parts and pieces in all the right places.

So - I am signing off as one happy girl! I will upload some pics once I can get them cropped.

Fingers crossed that this is actually our turn - finally!!!

7 comments:

  1. I love you so much my sweet and beautiful wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie and Matt,

    Much love to both of you! Such amazing news and I know only good things will continue for all of us! ((( hugs )))

    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited for you! praying for a healthy and happy pregnancy and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! This is such happy news!

    What a relief that everything looks so good so far with Walter. Wishing you a boring pregnancy and a healthy baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Katie! I am so happy for you! :) I will be excited to follow along as your story enfolds for the next seven months...so does that put you due in February? I love that you call the baby Walter (that is Hatter's middle name), I can just picture that little baby in there all stretched out and cozy! Enjoy, truly enjoy!

    Thanks for sharing the wonderful news with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear (again) about all the good news! Dave & I are praying for a healthy baby for you & matt!! & will *continue* doing so.
    Love the picture of Walter swinging in a hammock. :) haha.

    ReplyDelete