Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dear Little Bunny Foo Foo -

You poor child - you will never know your real name. For the most part, mommy and daddy are calling you Walter. We aren't really sure why or how - but there it is. Lately, when I am home alone working, I find myself singing the Little Bunny Foo Foo song, for whatever reason. And so now, I have been calling you that in my head. You will know once you are here that we don't really call anyone by their real name, at least not on Daddy's side. Let me decipher for you:

If you here these names, this is who we are talking about:
Moomoo, Booboo, Puppy, Luppy, Dove, Baby = your daddy calling me, or vice versa
Lala = Aunt Lisa
Papa = Grandpa (daddy's dad)
Gigi = Grandma (daddy's mom)
Bobo = Your cousin Emily
Chichi, Chey Chey, Wizzle, Wiz Kid, Nubs McGee = Your Doggy Cheyenne
B-Boy = Your Uncle Brent

And I am sure there are many more names that will come, including what you will call my parent's. Yes, we are nuts! But hopefully you will love it. And I know someday it will embarass you, but that's what we are here for. :)

I wanted to tell you a little about your history, mostly so Mommy remembers in her ever aging brain.
We found out about you on May 20th. We are sorry we didn't look extremely excited from the outside. Trust us, we were. And we cried happy tears. But then of course, the immense fear set in. We couldn't lose you too!! We are sorry we let our fear take over that day. But we promise we will make it up to you. We saw your heart beating when you were only 6 weeks old. And we got to see you three more times between then and 12 weeks. My how you grew! And how you gave us lots of scares. But that's OK. We will just remember that when we are calling you silly names in front of your first boyfriend/girlfriend. :) We got good news about you each time we saw you, which was really surreal. Mommy rented a fetal doppler so I can listen to your heartbeat anytime I want. At your 12 week appt, you looked so great. Daddy wasn't there, but your grandma was and she was so excited to see you! I felt you kicking me when you were only 15 weeks old (exactly). At first I wasn't sure what it was - it felt like a fishy swimming in me or someone blowing bubbles. But after a few days of that, I was pretty sure it was you. Now I feel you every other day or so. I cannot wait till I can feel you every day.

Mommy and Daddy did a gender prediction kit (twice) - and both times it said boy. I know it isn't 100% accurate, so we aren't completely betting on that... but we will find out for sure in a few weeks! And we can't wait!

We already have your crib and room set picked out. We have a bunch of paint samples hanging in your room. We cannot wait for you to get here!

So, for now, you keep growing big and strong. We will do the rest OK?! We love you so very much. And we cannot wait to hold you in our arms!!!

Love, Mommy (or whatever cooky name you come up with for me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment