Monday, August 2, 2010

He's Home! And Hello 2nd Trimester!

He's Home!!! I went down to Alabama last Tuesday and got to see Matt for a whopping 1.5 hours at 10:00 at night! But- I got to see him!! On Wednesday, his sister got in to surprise him and we got to see him for a tiny bit longer. Then on Thursday, we will pretty much on base all day as there was an orientation meeting in the morning, then we got to have lunch with him and his buddy, and the graduation ceremony. Friday was really cool because they did their big graduation parade which they had been practicing for the last 5 weeks. It was awesome! And then I got to bring him home with me.

The first stop on Saturday, after sleeping in and breakfast - was of course to Babies R Us. Back in our naive days, we would spend hours there when we were first pregnant with Peanut. Even with Pickle we did a little. But with this baby - we hadn't stepped in the door at all. It's too hard. But now that I am in the second trimester, I am feeling a little more confident. Although, every other day or so, fear creeps in. As of this Friday - I will be the most pregnant that I have ever been. It is a weird thought. 15 weeks has always been a rough number - it was when we said goodbye to our Peanut. So, to be in the 15th week, will, I am sure, be somewhat hard.

I go to the doctor today so they can check out my bleeding - which I haven't had since my last appt. Thank goodness! And then I will promptly be switching doctors some time this week. I already called to figure out what I need to do, now I just have to do it. The new place (which is on the base) sounds super nice! Not all full of attitude like my current place. Hopefully I will have more faith in these doctors/nurses than I do my current ones. I definitely got spoiled with my last doctor. If only she could move with me everywhere we go! Is that really too much to ask?! ;)

I am feeling good - every night I get the stretching pains. Which, I love! It means the little Walter is growing and pushing things around in there. I am still just as tired, but it could be due to my lack of naps lately. And lately I have been super hungry all the time. I am kind of showing, but the outside world probably wouldn't notice.

And every minute of every day, I am saying a praying that this is our turn. We aren't in the clear yet (are you ever really?). So, if you think of it, we can continue to use your prayers. And there are so many women out there that could as well. Some that have had to say goodbye all too soon to their precious babies, some that are trying desperately to get pregnant... they are all amazing women. So, say a prayer for them too if you think of it.

Happy Monday! Hope it is a great week for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment