We have been pretty busy this last month. I had two work trips to far away places, and then we also went home for an awesome wedding and a baby shower. I think we are finally recovering from all that travel.
Baby Girl and I are doing great. She is kicking around right now as I type. Her room is looking great too. We got a call today that the rest of her furniture was in so we picked it up! I will post pictures soon. We are also slowly stocking up on books - I LOVE children's books! Our friends told us about this book sale that the library was having and we stocke up there.
Yesterday we got an awesome present on our door step - our pack n play! Yes, our house is slowly getting taken over by baby stuff - and I couldn't love it more!
My next doctor's appt is Tuesday and then I get to schedule the glucose test. I'm hoping that won't be a big deal.
This all still feels surreal to me. I am loving every minute of being pregnant though and getting to know the little kicker inside of me. I think back to this time last year and how very sad we were. Don't get me wrong, it feels like an absolute eternity between then and now. But my two angel babies have sure taught me not to take even a single moment of this so far healthy pregnancy for granted. Even things that are not so joyous - like the constant heartburn that I have. But I would much rather have that, then not have her inside of me giving me that heartburn, so weirdly, I am thankful for even those painful things. I am so thankful that we have been blessed with jobs that allow us to make her room so very pretty. I am so thankful for all the people in our life that are so excited for us. She is going to be one lucky little girl to have all these fantastic people in her life! Sometimes I just get so overwhelmed with how blessed we have been with this pregnancy. And that is the surreal part - looking back, I never thought we would get to this point. I never thought that I would be able to step back in to Babies R Us and look at cute little clothes. Thank you Lord for giving us our little girl and for giving us our hope back!!
I still have my days where I worry. On Tuesday she wasn't kicking at all in the afternoon, so I was freaking out. But I pulled out my trusty doppler, and she apparently didn't like that cause she squirmed right away from that. We just can't wait until she is here in our arms!
Hope you guys have a great weekend out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment