This blog started as a way to talk about losing our first two babies. We miss them dearly and daily, but our arms are now full with our little Natalie - our dream come true. Since we are moving very far away from our families and friends, we wanted to keep this blog going as a way to show you what is going on in our daily lives.
Friday, April 8, 2011
Whew - what a week
Baby girl is 9 weeks old today and has had quite the week! Friday she had her weird eye/arm episodes, we didn't see it after that though! Monday she had her 2 month well-check. She was doing great. She weighed 10lbs 4 oz (she gained 2 ounces since Friday!!). She was supposed to get her vaccines too, so we headed down to the immunization clinic, but she was only 59 days old, and had to be 60 (yes, I am serious)! So, we headed back on Tuesday. She did great, but of course cried during the shots. But then was done. We walked around the hospital with daddy for 15 minutes to make sure she wouldn't have a reaction, and then headed home. She was achy that night, her little legs hurt her. But she slept great! Weds was the first day with her babysitter, and it was rather rough on me. Even though I was just upstairs, I missed her!! I am kind of rethinking the babysitter thing, but am going to give it a few weeks before I make a decision. So far, she sleeps plenty during the day that allows me to get my work done. (Speaking of work, my boss called me on Monday to welcome me back and to tell me that they are going to make sure I don't have to travel much!! Isn't that awesome?! I almost cried I was so excited!) Anyway, after the babysitter left, Natty was sleeping on my lap while I was finishing up some work and she felt warm. I took her temp and it was 100.7 - which doesn't seem high, but for babies under 3 months, anything over 100.4 means a call to the doc. So, I called and they had us go to Dayton Children's (even though we were all sure it was cause of the vaccines, because of her weird Friday thing, they wanted her checked out). This was SO hard! She had to have her blood drawn and they took forever to find a vein - meanwhile she was being pinned down, crying her eyes out. I was bawling too. Thank God calm Matt was there to take care of his two girls. I wanted to rip her off that table and run out of their, punching the techs before I left for hurting my little girl! Then they couldn't get enough blood out of her that way, so had to do a pin prick... more crying from both of us. THEN they had to do a catheter to get some urine to see if she had a UTI, and then a chest x-ray. By this point, I had had it.... and so had she. Luckily it had all come back clear. The docs were all really nice and we were SO glad they didn't want to do a spinal tap (although, not sure we would have let them). We headed home and crashed. Her fever broke that night... .sigh. I felt such guilt about making her go through so much, and still do. I have nightmares about her screaming in pain - it was awful! Yesterday I cancelled the babysitter and spent the day cuddling with my little girl while I worked. We took a walk, hung out for a big with the new neighbors, and had bath time. A much needed day at home! She is supposed to go to a follow-up appt today, but I am going to see if that is absolutely necessary, cause we are sick of doctors right now! On a side note - she has been sleeping 9 hours straight for the last 3 days in a row. Not sure if this is a new trend, or because of all she has been through. I, of course, haven't slept that much because at the 6 hour mark, I have to pump and then I am up worrying that she is OK or if I should wake her up to eat..... being neurotic is exhausting!! Hoping for a much better weekend/week next week. Her Papa and Gigi are coming to see us on Saturday and we can't wait and then we are off to DC! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment