My little girl needs to slow down - but I honestly love each and every milestone she meets. When we were walking thru the airport on our way to DC, she giggled at her daddy for the first time! Since then, her big cousin had her laughing up a storm, and so has daddy and grandma. Mommy tries so hard and she will every once in a while. We sat her in her bumbo for the first time this weekend and she seemed to love it. We noticed this weekend that she is trying to pull herself up into a sitting position. Every time we hold her or prop her up, she doesn't rest her head anymore, she is just constantly pulling. This morning she spent about 10 minutes in our bed doing baby sit-ups! She has really great neck control too... so big.
I have many favorite moments with my little girl throughout each day, but two of my absolute favorites are when I walk into her room in the morning to get her up, she looks and me and gives me the BIGGEST smile! I love that she wakes up happy, and happy to see me! And when I put her in bed, after feeding her, rocking her, and she is sound asleep - I transfer her to the swing (yes, she is still sleeping in her swing!), she usually wakes up during this process. And while I am shushing her back to sleep, she will stop wiggling for a second, look at me, and give me another great big ol baby girl smile. I can't help but laugh at her and smile and goo back - even though I know I should keep things quiet as she is falling asleep. Shortly after though, she is sound asleep. I love that my little girl falls asleep happy too! It is such a great way for me to start my day, and end my day - with the smiles of a girl I love more than life.
12 weeks this Friday! How is that possible!
Wow Katie!! That is a treat that she is a happy sleeper! Hatter slept in his swing for quite some time too, no worries there. I can't believe it has been 12 weeks.
ReplyDelete