For the first time in 2 years, I had a fantastic mother's day - even if the thought of the last two mother's days was constantly in the back of my head. This was my first mother's day with a baby in my arms instead of in my belly or in my heart.
My husband and baby girl spoiled me. We had a great great weekend - our first weekend without company or going somewhere in a LONG time. Saturday baby girl was up bright and early so we got a ton done! We went out to breakfast, then went to the farmer's market and to a greenhouse to get all my flowers. Matt planted all those when we got home while Natty and I took a nice long nap. It had been a long week as it was the first week that she consistently slept in her crib, but not without waking up a bunch and getting up super early. Sunday morning we were up early again and hung out in the morning. They gave me my presents - a super cute picture frame, a snapfish book of my baby girl, lots and lots of tulips, and a gift certificate for a hot stone massage (which I had on Monday and there is no going back - it was AWESOME!). We then went out for a super yummy brunch and then to Meijer. Baby girl was exhausted so she took a nice long nap while Matt and I made some food for the week. Then we grilled out and went to bed early. Great day!!
May is always a hard month for me since losing my Peanut and Mother's day was always a reminder of what we didn't have... but this year, while I still miss my P & P terribly - I felt so very blessed to have a growing, healthy baby girl in my arms. I live for her smiles and her giggles and she sure gives me lots of them!!
I hope you had a great mother's day too - and for those that may not appear to be mommies to the outside world, I hope you found some peace on Sunday as well. Even if your baby isn't in your arms or walking around in the world somewhere - you are still, and always will be, a mother!
No comments:
Post a Comment