Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Time Stands Still/Time Flies

I am in a weird place where time is standing still, yet flying by at the same time. It is so weird. In less than a month and a half, we will be leaving our home to move to a different city. It felt like I had been waiting for this forever, and now it is here! How did that happen? I am very excited to move, yet I am going to miss our little house. We get to go see our new house next week. We can't wait!! We are huge planners and I know as soon as we walk out of there, Matt will begin to plan, room by room, where everthing is going to go. Down to every book and picture. It is super cute when he does this! I know the next month and a half will go so fast, and before I know it, we will be living somewhere far away.

And yet, time is standing still. When you become a "science experiment" like I have become lately, you have to count every day... and the time in between that seems to never move! And when you have been trying for and dreaming of something for almost two years, yet aren't any closer to getting it... time stands still. We go see the Reproductive Endocrinologist tomorrow. It is more for a second opinion. I don't know if he will tell us anything different at this point then what we already know. But I am hoping that talking to him will somehow renew my faith and hope. Because those two things are still missing for me right now. I don't know if he will have us do more testing or what... but it is a long appt, so I am sure there will be lots of discussion and lots of tears. But I am also hoping that there won't be any more roadblocks.

I am ready to move. I am ready for a fresh start. I am ready for time to move at a normal pace, not to fast, and not standing still. I am ready to not be waiting for the thing I want most in this life... I guess we just aren't there yet. Hopefully soon...

2 comments:

  1. Katie, I've been following your blog quietly, just sort of lurking in the background, not commenting or jumping in. But I wanted to tell you that you're touching the lives of lots of people -- you clearly have a gift, and are able to write from the heart. I'm praying for you, and am confident that your dreams will be fulfilled.

    Sending you a hug...

    ~ Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie!

    Love your blog! I read through it all and signed on as a follower. Can't wait to keep up with all you have going on! Big congrats to Matt, and he's a hottie too :D ~Keri

    ReplyDelete