So, this week has been a rollercoaster... to sum it up... my reproductive endocrinologist had me get my thyroid levels tested. They came back a little high - and although I was told not to freak out by the nurse, part of me was still freaking out. I had to get them tested again, and although they never faxed in the order, we figured it out, for the most part, and I got my blood drawn again. This time, they came back normal. So, that is good news! (Although, I sure was hoping that that would have been the cause of this weight gain, instead of my pure laziness and lack of exercise and love for Cherry Garcia, which are all too much work to get over right now!!)
Today we went to see my favorite doctor - our regular OB/GYN. I think I told you earlier that she was leaving the practice and was moving far far away. I was so sad when I found this out, but she was going to be there until we moved, so it was going to be OK. Remember the picture of the cupcakes I posted a while back... well, along with those cupcakes I wrote a long letter to the manager of the practice, and the CEO of the hospital. As a former employee of this magnificant hospital, I knew that the powers-that-be really do listen to patients! So, I copied him on it. He wrote me back right away, thanking me. And the manager did too. I think too few times people hear the GOOD things that they are doing... so I try to tell people when they do (that is the process management/behavior analyst in me... always giving feedback!). Well, today dear sweet doctor told me that she was called into the CEOs office (due to a letter he got...) and that she was going to be staying with this hospital system!! She wanted to thank us for writing that letter and said that it played a part in this system keeping her there! She has a lot going on in her personal life, and was looking for a job that could be less hours and more flexible. Originally, they didn't have one for her... but they do now!!!!! I am just so happy! I don't know how much our letter really played a part, but if it helped at all, then it was totally worth it! She is amazing, and it would have been a real loss to the community if she left. And I know I am not the only one that feels this way. So yay!!!! We both hugged and cried... like I said, I just adore her. I wish I could put her in my pocket and take her with me....
And tomorrow, we get to go see our new house! So exciting!
As you can see - I am trying to focus on the positive today, as I have had a real "in a big funk" week... But today, right now, I am so happy for my doctor and her family that they will be able to stay here! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment