Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Another Father's Day. I so wish this day could be different for the man I am married to. If anyone on this planet deserves a baby to be with them on Father's Day - it is my husband. I know when/if we ever get a healthy baby on this planet, I will have to fight with him to just hold the child. There are so many father's in this world that let their children down, but I know, without a doubt, that my husband won't. If you can believe it, the thing that he is most scared about in life is whether or not he will be a good dad... but if you have ever met him, even for a second, you would have no doubts. The amount of love that this man has in his heart for his babies just beams from his eyes on a daily basis. And I can't imagine what it will be like when he gets to hold one of them baby.

Matt, Happy Father's Day. You have already shown how much you love your babies, and they are so darn lucky to have YOU as their daddy. Part of my greatest saddness through all of this is watching your heart break each time we get bad news. But someday we will have our turn, and someday you will get to hold your baby, and our hearts will be full again. I cannot wait for that day. You deserve it so much. And any baby would be lucky to have you as a dad!! And I know that your angels are up there in heaven today, smiling down on the goofy daddy that is theirs.

We love you - all of us - with all of our hearts! Happy Father's Day to a true daddy.

Love, me, your babies, and your puppy

1 comment:

  1. I love you my beautiful wife. Thank you for making my day a special one.

    ReplyDelete