Monday, September 13, 2010

The Planners

Matt and I are planners. Always have been, probably always will be (although, my planning has temporarily slowed down after planning for Peanut and not getting to keep her, then planning for Pickle, and not realizing those dreams either....). But, anyway, the planning gene is still in there. So, Thursday, after our fantastic doctors appointment and going back to work for a little bit, we headed out. Where you ask? Well - to Babies R Us!

One of my BFFs recommended the book Baby Bargains to me, and it was fantastic (thanks Court!). While I was reading through it, I wrote down all their suggestions so we had a cheat sheet when we went to register. It was really helpful. It was so much fun to register, although, we both had to admit that we were a tad bit sad walking through the boy clothing section. Not that we aren't thrilled beyond belief that we are having a girl, we just got so used to the idea of a boy... Anyway, lots of pink and purple will be entering our lives, and we couldn't be happier. I also already ordered some bedding that I think I like (but you can never tell from pics), so waiting for that to come in, and if we like it, then we will get to painting her room.

While we were registering, we also purchased some of our big ticket items. I almost had a panic attack when they told us we could take the crib home that night (although, we couldn't because the darn box didn't fit in our car)... I was prepared for a 10-12 week wait, which is typical, and why we ordered so early... but NOPE, it is waiting at the store for us. Wow - that made it a little more real! Our dresser will be in in a week or two, so we will pick them up together. We also ordered the glider, and that will take the 10-12 weeks because it is special order (ie, didn't want the colors/fabric combos that are stocked in the store). And the little night stand will take 14-16 weeks. So crazy that the two biggest items are ready to go, and the littliest one is going to take the longest. Oh well! I would much rather have the crib and dresser early than the night stand.

We also got Natalie's first offical present (although, her sweet Aunt Lisa sent her one right when we told her we were pregnant. It is the cutest little purple shirt - but we weren't sure if baby could wear it seeing as we were convinced it was a boy). Our friends B&L sent the cutest little white boots (boots with the fur....) and some onesies and receiving blankets. Heehee! So super excited! Thanks guys!!

As you can see - we are still on cloud 9. And while the anxiety creeps in every once in a while, as soon as she kicks me, I feel a little better. And I am determined to enjoy the rest of this pregnancy as I was robbed of that in the beginning and two times before. So, if you get sick of my ramblings... too bad. :)

That's about all that is new with us right now - just bouncing on a cloud of pink and purple loveliness. :)

Have a fantastic week!

1 comment:

  1. Katie,

    That is so exciting! I know how hard it is to revel in the excitement and not let the worries creep in. We can bounce on those pink and purple clouds of loveliness together :) Enjoy the planning, you've earned it!

    Keri

    ReplyDelete