Thursday, November 4, 2010

28 Weeks

Today is the day - I hit the beginning of the third trimester. I really can't believe it. And because of that - I think my anxiety is going through the roof this week. It has to be too good to be true right? There are so many people in my life that have had healthy, beautiful babies this week - so I must be the one right - the one that doesn't get it. Ah, my irrational thoughts. But, luckily, I have an insanely optimistic husband who brings me out of my funk and keeps me hoping. (What on earth would I do without him?)

So, I am a happy girl! Natty bug has been kicking away this morning, and I have been sitting here smiling, enjoying every minute of it.

When we found out we were pregnant on May 20th, I NEVER thought this day would come... it felt like forever away. And, now we are here. With a full nursery (with furniture at least), baby showers coming up next weekend, belly ever growing, and two very happy people who constantly day dream of holding our little girl. We feel so blessed!!

So, anxiety go away for a little while. I am too happy today to deal with you!

You are almost here baby girl! I can almost feel you in my arms! (And see your dad trying to steal you away from me.)

1 comment:

  1. Katie (((hugs))) for you!

    I am so sorry I've been out of commission for a couple of months. I'm slowly getting back to reading, writing, and catching up! I just wanted to let you know that I had the exact same irrational thoughts!

    That I would be the "one" that didn't get a healthy baby. I think, because we've been the "one" before, it's easier to think it will happen again. As we all know, there are no words to take that fear away. Just hang in there, you're almost there! I"ll be sending many positive thoughts your way!

    K.

    ReplyDelete