Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving weekend

We had a very busy week, and are finally winding down.

Tuesday, two of our very best friends drove in from DC. They got here in the afternoon and we met Matt for lunch, then came home and talked for a while and then headed to base. I showed them around a little and then we met Matt at his office. And we had to continue the tradition by going to a hibachi restaurant... mmm. All was great (except for one jealous/mad puppy deciding that she wanted to get back at us). They got us a ton of incredibly cute clothes for our little bug! It was so so great! But the best part was just having some quality time with them - although, it never feels like long enough.

They headed out Wednesday and I got to baking. My parents were driving in that afternoon. But before we got here, Matt called me to tell him that they would be re-commissioning him as a Captain - That afternoon!! It only took 5 extra months! And my parents were able to make it here in time and see the ceremony. His boss had such nice things to say about him. I will definitely post pics later. So proud of him. And we actually think they are already set to pay out his back pay and to back date his paper work... amazing if that is true.

Wednesday, late, my bro and his cute wife came in and we got up Thursday morning and got to cooking and hanging out and eating and eating and eating. Matt deep fried a turkey for the first time, and while I was skeptical, it turned out great! And now we have a ton of left overs.

Friday, we headed to the air force museums and finally ditched my dad at the main on and went shopping at the BX (my mom loves the BX!).

Saturday was a long day of driving - we headed to WV for a wedding. It ended up being 4 hours there, and 4 hours back. But it was great to see everyone! I miss all our WV family so much!

Today my parents left and we vegged out and put up decorations and napped. The perfect day.

Oh, and on Thursday, I hit the single digit mark - only 9 weeks until our little girl is here (or at least her due date). Can't believe it!!! Still praying constantly that all is going to be OK and she makes it here safely. I also feel like I grew majorly this week - pictures to come.

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving. While a lot of focus is on the food, etc... I hope you found time to think about the things in your life that you are thankful for. For me, I am thankful for so many things. To name a few - an incredibly hard working, sweet, handsome husband who is currently sleeping on the couch. A soft, sweet puppy on the floor who keeps my feet and my heart warm. My little monkey who could never kick me enough, but kicks me when I need reassurance the most, and is (hopefully) going to be the little girl that makes all of our dreams come true. My two angel babies in heaven who remind me daily of how precious life is. A warm house and two fantastic jobs. Family and friends who care so much about us, who make us laugh, and who hug us through tears.

Only 26 days until Christmas! Don't let the holiday season go to fast! (Although, this is one Christmas I would love to fast forward thur to get to January!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment