Saturday, March 19, 2011

Moving... Again?!

Welcome to the Air Force life! It has totally NOT sunken in yet that we will be moving in 6 short months... oh wait, now it is 5 short months! ahh! Matt has been busy all weekend ranking the 25 open positions for psychologists in the AF... there are some awesome spots, and not so awesome spots. We are just hoping for one of our top 5 spots and not the bottom 5... .We have heard that we are supposed to find out March 31st. That is just crazy to me and has totally not sunken in. We are just getting used to our new house, neighborhood, community, and state.... and there is so much we haven't done yet! And the weekends are going to go fast. So, I thought I would start a bucket list of things we want to do before we move:
  • Zoos - both Cincinnati and Columbus
  • Visit Kentucky - heard it is just beautiful
  • Hang out with one of our best friends who lives a short hour away, yet we have only seen him twice since we moved here.
  • Hang out with our newfound AF friends as much as possible, because we are going to miss them dearly, and they are truly one of the best parts of living here (and a big reason why I am so much in denial about moving!)
  • Visit the football hall of fame (eh) and the Longaberger basket factory store (yes, please!)
  • Go to the Oregon district and explore it a little more
  • Meet one of my favorite families in Indy (halfway for both of us)...cannot wait for that one!
  • Go to Jungle Jim's (Joe's?? something like that) - recommended by Steph that we have to go to it... not sure I have the name right, but I know what I am talking about.
  • ...more to be added...

If I come out of my denial enough to actually pay attention on March 31st, I will be sure to update about where our journey is taking us next.... this next time, with a lot more furniture (baby furniture!), a lot more pink, and a couple of extremely happy hearts that we get to take our little dream with us!

1 comment:

  1. how exciting to be moving!! I def. agree that you need to go to Jungle Jims and the zoo's....my parents live in northern Cincy so all of that stuff rings a bell even though I live 600 miles away :-)

    ReplyDelete