Friday, January 7, 2011

Our Morning

After not getting much sleep last night due to constantly praying that our little girl would be safe this morning, we got up at 4 am and got ready. I had to call L&D at 5 to see if they were full or if they had room for me. Unfortunately, they had room for me! So we headed up to the base hospital and up to L&D. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. The room we were in was an actual Labor room.... which was totally overwhelming. The bed side table was set up with an IV and all sorts of lab tubes to draw tons of blood from me (or at least this is what I assumed). The darn monitor was already beeping constantly, and I wasn't even hooked up to it yet. I was told to put on a gown (ugh, those are awful!) and to pee into the little cup. After getting all set, Matt tucked me into the insanely uncomfortable bed and we waited for someone to come in. A nurse and doctor came in with the ultrasound machine and wanted to check our little girl. So, tons of gel later, the doc put the probe on my tummy and just smiled.... "Well, looks like that is a head, down where it needs to be." WHAT?!!! "Yep - you guys get to go home today! Easiest version ever!" That's right - our little stinker wanted to give us a present this morning by showing us that she can meet her deadline, but she will just do it when she is darn good and ready.

I have no idea when she flipped, but yesterday I did feel more pressure in my ribs. I was just thinking that she was jamming her head even farther up there and I really didn't even think the version would work. But, apparently her butt is between my ribs, and that is where the added pressure is coming from. She has her cord all in a neat little pile on my left side (I asked the doc to check to make sure it wasn't around her neck, and she doesn't believe it is).

So, here we go! Now she really can come anytime she want, and we will actually be treated like a normal pregnant person!! I have never been treated that way, but couldn't be happier about this. Now, she just needs to stay down (3% chance that she could move herself again, but then she could always move back too...), and come soon! So we can finally meet this sweet little miracle.

Good day!! :) Two happy parents!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I had tears in my eyes when I read your post- I didn't know you were pregnant! I am beyond thrilled for you and wish you all the best as you welcome your precious miracle into the world. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete