Thursday, January 6, 2011

What I am Going to Miss

Today, me and the bug are Full Term!!!

I have been waiting for this day since August 2008. Over two years of prayers for this day. The day where this baby can come at any time, and the chances are in our favor that she will be OK. I have prayed since August 2008 (and for so long before that) for a healthy baby to bring home, and we are so close now.

Having been pregnant 3 times in 2 years makes you truly appreciate things. Yes, there are things about pregnancy I am not going to miss, but I would not trade one of those things for the miracle that is about to come into our lives and arms. I know how blessed we are that we have made it this far and I don't take a single day for granted with her. Every day I thank God for another day with my little, stubborn, baby girl wiggling around inside my belly. And now that we are getting so close to her being in our arms, there are definitely some things about pregnancy that I am going to miss.

For one, I am going to miss having her with me 24/7, no matter where I go. She has been to California, Arizona, Michigan, Ohio, Chicago, all over with me. She comes to the store with me, she watches TV with me, she listens to what I read and we listen to the same music. And I don't have to share her. :)

I am going to miss her kicks and wiggles so very much. Although, seeing her kick and wiggle on the outside is going to be so very magical.

I am going to miss her daddy telling her secrets through my belly - but I cannot wait to see those two together and I know there will be a lifetime of secrets that they will share!

I am going to miss knowing her awake and sleeping cycles when she has no clue what time it is - but I cannot wait to watch her sleeping, and play with her when she is awake. No matter what time that is - I don't care!

I am going to miss hearing her heartbeat on the doppler and seeing her squirm around on the ultrasound screen - but it is going to take my breath away watching her little chest go up and down as she breathes on her own.

I am going to miss my ever growing belly, the heartburn, the nausea, the back ache, and all the other things because those things were reminders that she is there, and she is growing, and she is healthy.

This has been quite a journey to get here here. And there is light at the end of the tunnel. She is so close that I can almost feel her in my arms, picture her in the swing, and hear her tiny little squeaks. I am bursting at the seams with excitement, and nervous as can be. She can come any day now (although, hopefully it isn't tomorrow via an emergency c-section, but if she will be OK, then even that will be fine!). And this mommy and daddy couldn't be more excited, more nervous, or feel more blessed. We can't wait to meet you little Natalie! You are our dream come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment