Wow - I seriously never thought this day would get here with a wiggler still in my belly. I had so much hope, but so many worries. And here we are - 40 weeks pregnant!!!
40 weeks of worry, of stress, of joy, of cute lil baby ultrasounds, of a million prayers., a million hopes and dreams.....
Some people may be questioning why I am getting induced next week if she doesn't come before and why I am not waiting until 42 weeks... well, to be honest, a lot of it is for my sanity. I can do one more week, but another week after that (knowing that things can start going wrong the closer you get to 42 weeks) may just set me over the edge. So, to be honest, I am really rather OK with getting induced next week. No, it is not ideal and I still hope she comes on her own. But at least I know one week from today, we are going to be working on getting her here, or she may be here (although I doubt it) by now! No matter that, no matter the route, I need this girl in my arms and I need her to be healthy and safe. And if that means spending some extra time in the hospital or giving her a little boost to get her booty in gear, then so be it. I am so over pregnancy fears and worries and really ready for a new set of worries to deal with. I want to be able to put my hand on her chest to make sure she is breathing, I want to be able to look at her, hold her, love her on the outside of me!!
Daddy had a talk with her this morning to tell her that today is the day - some come on out! I hope she listens to him!
Happy Due Date Day to Us little girl!!! You are soooooo close to being in our arms!
PS - I just wrote this big long post and realized I never updated from my appt on Tuesday. Well here is the short of it: my BP was a little high on Tuesday, I am still only dilated to 1 cm, but the doctor attempted to strip my membranes. He couldn't do as much as he wanted, but he said he "stirred some things up" and I have been having spotting ever since (which, this time, is actually OK!). They measured my belly again, and the last two weeks, my measurements have been all over. But that is because I have had three different people measure me. Last week it was 39cm, this week, a student measured and I was at 38cm, then the doc did it and it was 36cm... none of these people are my regular doctor. I have been 2 weeks behind this whole pregnancy (due to many possible reasons - baby being little, being breech, being diagonal, or my ab muscles being tight (apparently....), different people measuring differently, baby dropping some, etc.).. so anyway, I have to have an ultrasound today to make sure she is still growing OK in there. And then we talked about induction - and if she doesn't come before, next Weds night I will head into the hospital and they will begin the process. So, less than a week and we get this ball rolling.
In the meantime - prayers needed that today's ultrasound goes well and she is still doing great in there.
No comments:
Post a Comment