It has been a relatively full week. I have been blessed with catching up with a few friends. Monday I went out to dinner with my old co-worker/current friend, Maggie, and we had a fantastic night just talking away. We probably could have kept talking all night. Then Wednesday I met a friend who I haven't seen in years for lunch, Kristin. It was just like old times!! It was so great to sit there and catch each other up on our lives and help each other with our current struggles. Meals and conversations like those two make my soul happy!! Oh so happy! Thank you girls!
Today I thought I would take an adventure into the world of "alternative medicine" by getting acupuncture. I have never done it before but have read such amazing things about it. It was interesting, that's for sure. And oh so relaxing. I was just about to fall asleep when she walked back into the room. I am not sure if it will help anything, but I figure it can't hurt.
My goal for the week has been to focus my energy on the things that really matter right now. There are some distractions that are trying to take me out of my grief work (grief is really the hardest job I have ever had!) and after many conversations and quiet time thinking about it... I have decided what my main focus is right now. If something comes along that tries to take me off that focus, then I will put it on a shelf for now until I can handle dealing with it. I have really been struggling with these other things and they were really taking my attention away from thinking of my babies, getting healthy, crying when I need to cry over them, healing with my husband, etc. Hopefully, you guys can help me along with that goal. For now though, with a week full of oh-so-meaningful conversations with people dear to my heart and a session just focusing on healing and relaxation, hopefully I am on the right track.
And somehow, tomorrow is Friday!! And hubby is going to be around for most of the weekend! Yay!
"grief is really the hardest job I have ever had!"
ReplyDeleteI hear ya! Good for you for making your grief work a priority. And yay for catching up with wonderful friends. Have a great weekend :)
It was so great to see you too :) I want to hear about your acupuncture session!!! I'm glad you had such a positive week!!! >hugs< -K
ReplyDeletethank you so much for your kind message. I am so sorry for your two losses. So unfair. I am saying a prayer to your little peanut and pickle to watch over their momma and daddy during this tough time, and praying that baby dust finds its way to you very soon. Why is it that those I meet who have been dealt the most pain, or also the most deserving of good fortune? Grief is a very hard job. A full time one at that. Thinking of you, and the offer to talk sometime goes both ways. Here for you xx
ReplyDeletePeace