Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Not to alarm you... but this is going to be a lot of blood...

The quotes from people in my life in the last 2 days... Since my hCG levels were down, I was sent to the hospital this morning to have my more labs drawn. I am becoming a pro and not even really that scared anymore (although I still can't watch). But when the phlebotomist said to me... "Not to alarm you, but this is going to be a lot of blood.." I kind of got a little worried. Eighteen tubes of blood later, I was covered in sweat and just wanted to get out of there. It took a while for them to draw all that blood too... Yikes!

On the car ride home it made me feel super blessed for being healthy. I am sure there are tons of people in the world who have to give more blood than that on a regular basis. I can't even imagine!

Now, we wait... we should hear back in a week or so. As for me, the day will include icing my arm, basking in our completely clean house (had to get photographed for the realtor), working on a few reports for work, and making some treats to take into my favorite doctor/nurses tomorrow... pictures to come later.

3 comments:

  1. i think when i got my clotting panel done it was like 25 vials of blood and i was freaked out! but i got used to it very fast....

    hope you get the results soon and that if there is something going on, its easily fixable....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry but I do not understand what all the blood testing is for? What are hCG levels? What exactly are they looking for and why would they need 18 tubes of blood. Please help me understand.

    What ever they are I hope the results come in soon and that everything is OK.

    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be on the floor with 18 tubes. I can barely handle one!

    ReplyDelete