Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday

Ahh Monday - where did you go Mr. Weekend? It was a good - but exhausting weekend. Friday night we did our taxes... yay for getting practically nothing back! At least we didn't owe money though. We went to the food co-op downtown and went out to dinner. It was a nice night - nothing too exciting. Saturday we had to get up early to head to the other side of the state for my Aunt's funeral. It was very emotional, but a great service. Matt made a video of a bunch of pictures that my Uncle sent us - it was beautiful! And then people got up to tell memories of her. She was such a wonderful woman, very spunky and funny. She will be greatly missed. She was sick with cancer for 5 years and the most amazing part was how my uncle took care of her. He never left her side. It was truly beautiful the way he loved her. And he got up at the end of the service and told all of us young (and all really) married people to act every day like it is your last... cause you never really know. So true!

Yesterday we worked on cleaning up the house and getting rid of stuff. The realtor is coming over tomorrow to take pictures and we somehow had to deal with all the boxes and 3 couches in our tiny basement. I think it looks pretty OK. Not perfect, but it will have to do for now. I sure am going to miss this place!

Another week unfolds before us... I have to go get more labs drawn today. My hCG wasn't down to 0 last week so I have to keep getting labs until it is. I am hoping this is my week. Once that happens, I go to the hospital for a TON of tests, but can't do it until my other levels reach 0.

As for the emotional rollercoaster that I am running over here... I am doing OK. I think things are calming down a little inside my head. There are other things in my life that are going on that are semi-related to losing another baby that I have been battling with in my head. I am just trying to figure out what is best for me. And right now, I am not quite ready to talk about it with the world or even with myself. I am afraid I am too emotional right now and might do something I will regret in the future. So, for now, I am just letting it be and will hopefully deal with it once things settle down. I feel like I have been doing this baby loss thing for a long long time, but at the same time, I can't believe that it hasn't even been a year yet... (although that is fast approaching). I need a change... and we will be getting that shortly.

And - I may be taking a roadtrip with a dear old friend to NYC!! Maybe it will be just the break I need right now. I really hope it works out and I can go with her! Fingers crossed!

So how about that for a boring post?! :) Hope your week is off to a great start.

2 comments:

  1. I just love reading your posts! I love you baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love reading your posts. I love the poem you put on it last week.

    I just love you both and I also love my two grandchildren (peanut and pickle) that I will never get to hold and spoil.

    Mom Y

    ReplyDelete