Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Day!

In the midst of all of this drama we are going through - there is happy news. Six years ago when my husband started graduate school to get his PhD, we pictured this day, where we were one step closer to getting done! Today was the big day- do you get an internship (and therefore can go on to finish your PhD and find that awesome job he deserves) or do you not (and have to take multiple steps to try to find one)... Today, he MATCHED!!! Matt officially has an internship position at one of the 9 places that he ranked in the computer system. We find out Monday where.

I am so proud of him and all of his hard work, dedication, and sweat/tears/all-nighters to get this far in his career. He already is an amazing psychologist and I know that this internship, whereever it may be, will only make him a stronger one. I love you almost-Dr. Matt! You are my hero!

Can't wait to find out where this journey will take us next, and where our fresh start will begin! Cannot wait for Monday!

2 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO MATT - congratulations. That is wonderful news and I am so happy and proud of you.

    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Matt! That's very exciting. This must be a national day to find out if you have been matched for an internship because my housemate is supposed to hear as well.

    ReplyDelete