Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A One Car Family

We are, as of Monday night, a one car family. At least for a little while. We turned Matt's truck in and are now sharing my car. It works for us right now. I work from home and if Matt gets the internship spot that we hope he gets, he will be gone for the entire month of July for training in Alabama. And then we move, and would have to move two cars. So, we are waiting to see where we land to see what kind of car we need and when we need another one.

It is weird to think about the fact that we shouldn't be able to do this. Had everything gone the way that we wanted it to... I would be in my last week of maternity leave and heading back to work next week, instead of sitting here on the couch working for a different company and losing another baby. If Peanut were here, we would have needed two cars. But instead, we are a one car family, with nothing to fill the backseat. And when I look out into our huge driveway, it is just another reminder that something (two somethings) are missing from our lives.

I just hope that someday, we will be a two car family again, because we need to be. Or, even a dreaded mini-van family. Because we need to be. Or, whatever we are, I just hope we have something to fill the backseat. And we have to worry about fitting all that stuff in a car and that it takes three times as long to go anywhere... I would love those problems.

But for now, we are a one car family - because we can be.

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope that one day soon you will have a mini-van back seat full and it will only take one little one to do that. The back seat will be full with all the love that the two of you have to offer a child. I know as sure as I know my name that you will be parents (and wonderful parents at that) one day soon.

    All my love and prayers are with you both.

    Mom Y

    ReplyDelete