I wanted to update on how today went mostly so I can look back on it and remember. I was so nervous when we got to the hospital. My biggest fear in life is needles. We went back to the pre-op area and Matt could actually come with me this time. (For those that don't know, my first procedure was done at a different facility - an awful place.) He got to hold my hand while they put my IV in and I got to just stare at him since I cannot stand looking at it when they do that stuff. I then got some happy medicine to calm my nerves. My parents came as well and we were all sitting in the nice little room while I kept "dying" - aka my pulse ox machine kept stopping... and I was a little loopy so I kept asking Moopy if I had died. :) My wonderful, too good to be true doctor came in to talk to us. I just adore this woman. I asked her if they were going to test the tissue and she said no, she wasn't worried about this one. She was worried about Peanut, but she feels like this one was more "normal" - like the 33% of other women who have miscarriages. Then she looked me in the eyes and said that we are GOING to get pregnant again and this would not happen again. I think we were all crying when she said that. Like I said - love this woman. I know she can't promise that, but she gave us hope.
I got wheeled back to the OR after saying bye to everyone and was bombarded with people taking care of me and distracting me. My doctor stood there and held my hand while they prepped me and we talked about ugly bridesmaid dresses. I had told her that my lil bro had just gotten married and how much I loved my new sister in law and how I could totally wear the bridesmaid dress again. And all the women in the room thought I was lucky and proceeded to tell me about their ugliest dresses and how one of them turned it into pillows or something.. this is when I think I feel asleep. Unlike last time, I did not wake up half way through the procedure! They made sure of that! I got wheeled back to recovery (I guess, since I don't remember) and the doc went out to talk to Matt and my parents. She wants to see us next week and as she put it, this appt isn't just for small talk - it is to make a battle plan to get us pregnant ASAP. (Love her!) She wants to set dates and plans and she said that if we wanted to, we could see the RE (reproductive endocrinologist) for a second opinion. So, I think I had that wrong the first time as I thought they would have to give me the Clomid, but she said that she can do that. But if we wanted a second opinion, she would set that up. So, who knows, we will talk to her more next week.
She took such good care of me and it was so nice to be wheeled back into that room feeling hopeful instead of scared. The procedure wasn't as invasive as it could have been since most of it had moved around, just not out... As or right now, I am still a little loopy and really tired, but wanted to get this down so that I can remember to write a thank you letter to her and to her boss. I have been wanting to tell the hospital (since I worked there I know who to talk to) our story for quite some while, but just can't get through it without tears. However, right now, I am feeling much more hopeful and now want to share this good story along with the bad one from last time and compare how well this all could be done. I hope everyone woman who has to go through this awful, heartbreaking experience is lucky enough to have a doctor like mine.
So now, I just enjoyed some yummy Panera that my parents brought over and am getting spoiled by the hubs. Gonna go watch some DVR and probably fall asleep in 2 minutes. Thanks for all the sweet notes and for checking in on us.
I am sending a hug your way! I am glad you have such a great doctor and are feeling hopeful. I feel very hopeful for you too and will continue to pray for your recovery and a productive doctor's appointment next week!! Congrats again on Matt's placement news!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you are feeling hopeful and that your surgery went well. Take care and heal.
ReplyDelete(((hugs)))
Hope the Panera hit the spot since you were so hungry my loopy daughter. You are right, your doctor is wonderful and she did instill hope - I know Dad and I felt much better after talking to her and very hopeful for both of you.
ReplyDeleteHug and kisses coming your way.
Love
Mom
So glad you are feeling OK and even more am thankful for the hope! Your doctor sounds awesome... and I think you two deserve her! I love the battle plan idea. Especially since Matt's new Air Force gig. It seems appropriate somehow =)
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you have to go through all this... neither of my pregnancies were easy... spent a lot of time in the hospital with both... so I can say I somewhat understand. Thinking about you and glad to hear you had a much better experience this time... I am praying for you and your husband ! You will be an amazing Mother someday :) xo
ReplyDelete