As my Dear Husband pointed out today - we have spent 8 Valentine's Days together. Wow! I remember our first one - although, we didn't really celebrate together. Me and some of my girlfriends went to go see the Vagina Monologues at our school and when I got home, there was a card on my car and a card at my front door. Although I was super excited, I think I spent the next 3 weeks re-reading every word trying to figure out if this guy actually liked me (this was during his dumb "I don't want to be a boyfriend" stage. Although, he was coming out of that..). He was so cute. Still is!
While we aren't celebrating this year like we normally like to, we had a great morning. Matt made this fantastic bacon and I made some waffles. And we opened presents - OK, let's be honest... we opened presents two days ago cause we can never wait to give them to each other. I got Matt a camping grill thing and a lantern stand, and he got me an orchid and the most beautiful angel necklace. I will post pictures later. Not sure what else we are going to do today because I still don't feel very well....
I sure do love this man more than anything. And today, and every day, I am reminded just how lucky I am to have him. I know a lot of marriages don't make it through tough times, and I think we have had our share of those this last year, but I also think that it has strengthened our marriage... and I don't take that for granted. I know how blessed we are that we have each other. Happy Valentine's Day sweet man! Thank you for sharing your life with me.
I hope you are doing something today to show your loved one how much they mean to you - big or small it doesn't matter. And we hope you guys have a great Valentine's Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment