Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Wife

I look at my wife in complete amazement every day. While we are best friends, neither of us take for granted the little things that make our days just a little brighter. I could list a thousand reasons as to how she makes me smile throughout the day. From how she is concerned that I eat a good breakfast and that I have something for lunch to how excited she gets when I come home right when she has one of my favorites ready for dinner. She takes care of me, and I take care of her. Through all of our heartache in the past nine months there have been many times that we could have pulled away from one another. I could have held my pain in, she could have thought that I wouldn’t understand the hurt she is feeling and we would have turned away from each other. While I wish we would have never had to go through the loss of our two little angels, I am so thankful that we have had each other. We cry, we find little moments of joy and laugh, and we do it all together. We have our good days and we have our bad days, but it seems to always turns out that they are on opposite days so there is always someone in our home to pick the other one up. Through it all, my wife has been my biggest supporter. I have had a long and at times difficult road to finishing my graduate career but she has always had faith in me. Even during the most difficult time in her life, she has continued to find joy in my success. She is my best friend.

2 comments:

  1. You are both an inspiration to every married couple out there. You are truly sole mates.

    Through all your heartbreak your faith in each other has never waivered. We could all learn a valuable lesson from you both.

    Love and may all the happiness in the world be yours in the future.

    Love
    Mom Y

    ReplyDelete