Monday, February 15, 2010

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is my birthday. If you know me, you know how excited I get over birthdays. I love celebrating other's and my own. I usually start planning Matt's way out in advance and usually celebrate it for a week or so. I love making people feel special... but I feel like that part of me is slipping away. Birthdays are one more reminder of the things that I don't have. If life were fair, I would have a 3 month old sitting on my lap tomorrow as I blow out candles. Or I would be telling my parents and siblings that we were pregnant again. But I won't be doing either of those things. I will be reminded though of just another thing that I won't get to do with my babies - celebrate their birthdays. I had so many plans for those, already! (See what I mean about planning ahead?) But my heart breaks that I won't get to bake those cakes or throw those parties or spoil them rotten.

Don't get me wrong - I am blessed that I get to celebrate another birthday. It is just bittersweet. I am thankful that I made it to 28. I am thankful that I get to share it with my parent's, husband, and brother and sis-in-law. I am thankful for all of those things. But there is always, and will always be, two someone's missing from every picture that we take for however many more birthdays we are blessed with. And that makes me sad. That makes me heartbroken.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Wishing you a peaceful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Katie! I hope YOU get spoiled rotten tomorrow! I can picture your little angels blowing you big birthday kisses and I will be praying for wonderful blessings to be sent your way as you begin a new birthday year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wish for your birthday this year is that the coming year will bring you everything your heart desires! I know only you get a wish on your birthday - but if I could have one that is what I would wish for.

    Have a wonderful birthday my sweetheart.

    You are blessed in a lot of ways (you have Matt and a family who all love you to pieces) but I do understand how it is bittersweet.

    Those two little ones will always be in our hearts and NEVER forgotten.

    Happy Birthday
    Mom

    ReplyDelete